Creating your own e-learning content in school education and adult education
With this fourth in-service training which will run from 15 until 22 April 2012 in Ancona, Italy (reference number: BE-2012-167-001 Comenius or BE-2012-168-001 Grundtvig) our aim is to help teachers to develop state of the art content for e-learning in general and for learning environments in particular. We try to achieve this by training teachers to create e-learning materials and raising their awareness of e-learning in general. TACCLE will help to establish a culture of innovation in the schools in which they work. The training is geared to the needs of the classroom teachers but teacher trainers, ICT support staff and resource centre staff may find it useful too!
The course programme
Day 1 (15/04/2012)
Arrival, welcome, getting to know each other dinner
Day 2 (16/04/2012)
– Introduction to e-learning and social media in education
– Introducing online learning environments: Moodle training platform
– How to construct a learning path
– Using mindmapping software ‘The Brain’ for constructing a learning path
– How to create text content
Day 3 (17/04/2012)
– Introduction to eXe authoring tool
– Creating your own learning path exercise
– eXe exercise: building learning materials based on a learning path part 1 and how to upload them as a SCORM package
Day 4 (18/04/2012)
– Introduction to Podcasting
– Podcast exercise
– eXe exercise: building learning materials based on a learning path part 2: introducing audio, applying this in Moodle
– Guided visit to Ancona
Day 5 (19/04/2012)
– How to use images and video in e-learning
– Exercise with image and/or video software
– How to use social media tools in e-learning
– eXe exercise: building learning materials based on a learning path part 3: introducing images and/or video and using social media tools, applying this in Moodel
Day 6 (20/04/2012)
– Retrieving and re-using digital learning objects
– SCORM files in Moodle
– eXe exercise part 4: finishing the learning materials and uploading them on Moodle as SCORM package
– Presentation of the learning materials created by the participants
Day 7 (21/04/2012)
09h-17h: Excursion to Marche Region
17h30-18h30: Course evaluation
19h30: Farewell dinner
Day 8 (22/04/2012)
Participation fee and how to get a grant to pay it all
1300 Euro (675 Euro for full board accomodation + 625 Euro for tuition and course materials). For both participation fee and travel expenses to Italy you can request a grant from the LLP National Agency in your country, which will cover all costs. You can find the address of your national agency on http://ec.europa.eu/education/programmes/llp/national_en.html.
Only participants living in one of the 27 EU member states, a country in the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) or Croatia; Switzerland or Turkey can register for the fourth TACCLE course and apply for a grant. Italian participants are not entitled to receive a grant since the course will be organised in Italy.
How to apply?
1. Pre-register by clicking on the following link: http://tinyurl.com/taccle12
2. You will receive a pre-registration statement from the course organiser if you have been accepted on the course.
3. Request a Comenius (school education) or Grundtvig (adult education) grant at your LLP National Agency by validating the application form online. You will receive an electronic delivery receipt.
4. Send 4 signed copies of your grant application form (3) together with the pre-registration statement (2) and the delivery receipt (3), to your National Agency.
5. The deadline for submitting the grant application is 14th January; 19th April or 16th September 2011.
6. If you receive a grant from your National Agency, please notify the course organisers immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive the final letter of acceptance.
Have a look at the Grundtvig-Comenius Traning Database for more details on the course:
Date & Time: Sunday, 15 April 2012, 18h30 — Sunday, 22 April 2012, 08h00
Location: Ancona, Italy
Course number: BE-2012-167-001 (Comenius) or BE-2012-168-001 (Grundtvig)
Registration Deadline: 16 September 2011